Open Mic Nights
Pros and amateurs try out new material (and beat old material to death) at the area's open mic nights. Many of these listings do change suddenly, so be sure to call or e-mail to confirm that a show is still running before you go. If you would like to add a listing to this page, e-mail email@example.com with the relevant information. Shows are listed by day of the week.
LAST UPDATE: 8/2/14
- Grand Central, 2447 18th St. NW, Washington, DC 20009. Organized by Underground Comedy. Free show every Sunday at 8 p.m. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for a spot.
- Hightops Backstage Grille, 2306 York Road, Timonium, MD 21093. Every Sunday, organized by Drink Till We're Funny. "Baltimore's Best Open Mic for 5 years running. Free show, big crowds, $2 Beers.There's a paid headliner spot, paid feature and 5-7 open mic slots every Sunday night. Comedians must email in advance for a spot -- to sign up, send an e-mail to email@example.com (DO NOT CALL THE VENUE)."
- Big Play, 7313 Baltimore Ave, College Park, MD 20740. Organized and hosted by Eddie Liles and Alexx Starr. To sign up, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Diego, 2100 14th Street, Washington, DC 20002. Show from 7 to 9, organized by Brock Snyder. Not sure about sign-up procedures.
- Fire Station 1, 8131 Georgia Avenue, Silver Spring, MD 20910. Organized by District Comedy. "Smokin' Hot Comedy, hosted by Kevin Blackerby every Monday at 8 p.m. You can e-mail email@example.com."
- Fish Head Cantina, 4802 Benson Ave, Baltimore, MD 21227. "Show runs 8:15 to 10:15. Opening Comic w/ option to host - 10 to 12 mins / 8 slots - up to 8 mins stage time. For more info, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org - DO NOT CONTACT THE VENUE.
- Jackpot, 726 7th St NW, Washington, DC 20001. Comic sign up at 8. Showtime at 8:30. E-mail SilverCityProd@me.com for more information. This is a free shwo hosted by Martin Amini and produced by Silver City Productions.
- Koffee's Lounge, 2632 Georgia Ave NW, Washington, DC (across from Howard University). Organized by Mark Carter and Nikki Moore. To sign up comics can arrive at 7:30. The show starts at 8. You can visit the Just Jokes website for more info.
- Sidebar Tavern, 218 E. Lexington Street, Baltimore, MD 21202. Organized by Tim Hoekel. Sign up starts at 8 and show starts at 8:30.
- Townhouse Tavern, 1637 R St. NW, Washington, DC. Organized by Underground Comedy. Free show every Monday at 8 p.m. E-mail email@example.com for a spot.
- Beatnik Bar and Restaurant, 2101 Maryland Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21218. Starting 1/7/14 and proceeding every other Tuesday thereafter, it's "(sic) Joeks" open mic comedy, hosted by Mark Miller and Ezra Lefko. Sign up starts at 8, and the show starts at 9. If you have questions, text Mark at 304-685-7093 on Tuesdays between 5 and 8.
- Bier Baron, 1523 22nd Street NW, Washington, DC 20037. Tuesdays at 9, starting 2/25/14. "Max Rosenblum hosts DC’s best comedians every Tuesday beginning at 9 p.m. for a FREE show." For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Chief Ike's Mambo Room, 1725 Columbia Rd NW, Washington, DC, 20009. This is on Tuesdays as of June 2014. Visit this Facebook page to see up-to-date info."
- Dangerously Delicious Pies, 2839 O'Donnell Street, Baltimore, MD 21224. "Every first and third Tuesday of the month, an open mic that features BYOB and f***ing pie!" Sign-up is 8 p.m., showtime is 8:30. Organized by C.J. Stottuth.
- La Mexicana, 16143 Shady Grove Road, Gaithersburg, MD. "MJ’s Comedy Night, organized by Melvin Joppy. Free show every Tuesday at 9 p.m. Email email@example.com or send a message to Melvin Joppy on Facebook for a spot. " Started July 2014.
- Solly's Tavern, 1942 11th Street NW, Washington, DC. Haywood Turnipseed Jr. and Mike Brown host "Attack of The Comics" the first and third Tuesday of the month. E-mail AttackOfTheComics@Gmail.com to sign up or get more info.
- The Speakeasy, storytelling open mic at Town Danceboutique, 2009 8th Street NW, Washington, DC. "The Speakeasy" is the second Tuesday of every month, and it's a storytelling open mic with a theme. Doors open 6:30. Show runs 8-10 and admission is $10 at the door. There are two featured tellers and anyone with a story (i.e. not a series of jokes) can sign-up. Performers must use the theme and there is a strict 7-minute time limit (no exceptions). Stories are often funny, but not always, and never offensive (so, if you've got something to say that you wouldn't say in a room full of gays, blacks, jews, homeless people, muslims, women or whoever, don't bother saying it here). It's most important that stories are interesting and compelling. You must see one show before signing up, so you know what to expect. Then click here to find out more and fill out a form."
- 21st Amdendment Bar and Grill, 550 C Street, SW (inside the Holiday Inn), Washington, DC 20024. "Join us for the Marc Brown Live! talk show featuring comedians and musical guests, every other Tuesday starting March 4, 2014 at 7:07 pm – 9:00 pm, organized by 707 Entertainment Group. No Cover – Drink Specials. There are two paid guest spots (10-15 minute set) per show and an Open Mic Competition (3-5 minutes set) where the winner gets a paid spot on a future show. For the competition 3-5 comedians will be picked for each show so please send your 3 to 5 minute video or audio clip to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be notified of your selection at least a week before the show. Additionally...Producers of the show will pick one random comedian who has previously submitted a clip to compete as the Wild Card! You will receive a "you got a wild card" notification one day before the show. Check in with producers upon arrival. -- PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE VENUE."
- Vendetta, 1212 H St. NE, Washington, DC 20002. Organized by Underground Comedy. Doors at 7:30. Show at 8. No cover. You must be 21 to enter. E-mail email@example.com for a spot.
- The Big Hunt, 1345 Connecticut Ave. NW, Washington, DC. Organized by Underground Comedy. Free show every Wednesday at 8 p.m. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for a spot.
- Epicure Cafe, 11104 Lee Highway, Fairfax, VA. The first and third Wednesday of the month. Sign-up on site.
- The Glass Grill, 6804 Eastern Ave., Baltimore MD 21224. No cover. E-mail email@example.com to get on the list early -- first come, first served.
- Pure Lounge, 1326 U St. NW, Washington, DC 20009. Every third Wednesday of the month, one block Away From U Street Cardoza Metro Station. Show starts at 8 p.m., hosted by Joe Jack. Comedians must e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to get a spot (we have 8 spots).
- Ri-Ra Irish Pub, 2915 Wilson Blvd, Arlington, VA 22201. Organized by Standupcomedytogo.com. Since 2008! Shows run 8 - 10. 3 to 10 minutes stage time. Newbies welcome! $25 cash prize joke contest for non-coms after the show! Metro friendly. Sign-up: e-mail CurtShackelford (at) verizon.net. DON'T CALL RI-RA.
- Union Jack's, 4915 St. Elmo Ave., Bethesda, MD 20814. Every Wednesday night at 8, organized by Jesse Rivas. Free show. Comedians should email Wednesday.COMedy@gmail.com in advance for spots -- DO NOT CALL THE VENUE.
- Bier Baron, 1523 22nd St NW, Washington, DC. Organized by Underground Comedy. Free show every Thursday at 8 p.m., starting July 24, 2014. E-mail email@example.com for a spot.
- The Comedy Spot, 4238 Wilson Blvd, Arlington VA (in the Ballston mall). On the Spot's second stage. Sign-ups start at 7, show starts at 7:30. No cover. Pros, amateurs and newcomers are welcome! Sign-up is on site and not in advance. For any other info, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org (do not contact the Comedy Spot).
- Magooby's Joke House, 9603 Deereco Road, Timonium, MD 21093. This "New Talent Night" is usually the second and last Thursday of the month; you can get more info by e-mailing email@example.com.
- Pelican's Rum, 928 U St NW, Washington, DC 20001. I don't have too much info on this, other than telling you that the show runs at 8 and it is organized by a guy named Cecoy Burnett.
- RFD, 810 7th Street NW, Washington, DC. Organized by District Comedy. This show is in the back room of RFD every Thursday. Doors open at 7:30, and the show starts at 8:30. Comics get 5-7 minutes. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Science Club, 1136 19th St. NW, Washington, DC 20036. "David Coulter and Max Rosenblum host this weekly Thursday stand up comedy show at Science Club in DuPont Circle. Comics sign up is on site beginning at 8 p.m. Show starts at 8:30 p.m."
- Topaz Hotel, 1733 N Street NW, Washington, DC 20036. Organized by Standupcomedytogo.com. Shows run 8 - 10. Lower Level Enlightenment Room. 3 to 10 minutes stage time. Newbies welcome! $25 cash prize joke contest for non-coms after the show! Metro friendly. Sign-up: e-mail CurtShackelford (at) verizon.net. DON'T CALL TOPAZ.
- The Big Hunt, 1345 Connecticut Ave. NW, Washington, DC. Organized by Underground Comedy. Free show every Friday at 8 p.m. E-mail email@example.com for a spot.
- Club One, 8786 Richmond Highway, Alexandria, VA. 22309. The "Traumatic Fridays" open mic starts at 8 p.m. There is a $5 cover charge. To sign up, comedians must e-mail in advance (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 571-269-3477 (please do not call the venue).
- Heaven and Hell, 2327 18th St NW Washington, DC 20009. Every Friday, Silver City presents "The Good, The Bad, and The Funny" hosted by Martin Amini. Performers get 5 minutes. Sign up on site. Email SilverCityProd@Me.com for more info.
- Jekyll and Hyde Restaurant, 906 N. East Street, Frederick MD. Second and fourth Friday every month. Begins at 8, organized by Kaleidoscope Comedy. Free show. Comedians should email email@example.com in advance for spots Comics can sign up at venue show night if spots are available.
- Capitol Lounge, 229 Pennsylvania Ave. SE, Washington, DC 20003. Organized by Underground Comedy. Free show every Saturday at 7 p.m. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for a spot.
- Club Dynasty, 2210 14st NW, Washington, DC 20009. Any comics who are interested can e-mail Delanta at email@example.com or call 301.536.3929. Hosted by Dingbat.
- Hyatt Regency, 7400 Wisconsin Ave, Bethesda, MD 20814. Organized by Standupcomedytogo.com. "Shows run 8 - 10 PM. 7-30 minutes stage time. Newbies welcome! ALL COMICS PAID. Metro friendly! Sign-up, e-mail CurtShackelford (at) verizon.net. DON'T CALL THE HYATT.
- Old Arlington Grill, 2903 Columbia Pike, Arlington, VA. Starting at 10:30, organized by Andy Kline and Randolph T. This is a restaurant off the lobby of the Arlington Cinema Drafthouse. Each show features up to 15 comics and admission is free. You can sign up by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.